The power of attorney is a legal document that allows an individual (donor) to appoint one or more persons (attorneys) to make decisions on his or her behalf in private affairs, business or any other legal matter. The law on general administrative procedure, published in the Official Gazette of the Montenegrin Republic, provides the legal framework for the power of attorney in Montenegro. This legal authorization can be given in writing or verbally and has to be certified by competent authorities. Montenegrin power of attorney is required in specific legal situations and can be revoked at any time considered appropriate by the donor and attorneys. If you find yourself in a situation that calls for legal representation, you can give power of attorney to one of our lawyers in Montenegro.
According to the legal provisions of the law on general administrative procedure, the power of attorney in Montenegro can be given in several forms:
• In written or recorded as verbal authorization – even illiterate individuals can designate a legal representative by placing their fingerprints in place of a signature. Montenegro lawyers have to supervise the entire procedure;
• As a private document – it is compulsory to verify the authenticity of this type of power of attorney;
• Official authorization of a family member/party of his or her household/employee of the donor – this document can only be used in emergency situations and a subsequent power of attorney has to be presented.
Power of attorney in Montenegro can be revoked by the donor at any time deemed appropriate. Nevertheless, it does not terminate with the death of the donor, the loss of his/her procedural capacity or with the replacement of the legal representative. In these cases, only the legal successor of the donor can revoke the previous power of attorney. The litigation procedure in Montenegro regulates the provisions of power of attorney which are not stipulated in the law on general administrative procedure. Our attorneys in Montenegro can give you a detailed presentation of the legal provisions of power of attorney in this country.
This legal authorization can be at hand in a number of situations:
• For business purposes - investing in the local economy, buying a property or opening a business in Montenegro;
• For intellectual purposes - European patent or trademark validation in Montenegro;
• For financial purposes - company registration and representation in the board of directors;
• Health care – health related decisions taken for you by the use of power of attorney.
If you find yourself in a situation that calls for power of attorney, don`t hesitate to contact our law firm in Montenegro.
There are no comments