Immigrate to Montenegro from US
Immigrate to Montenegro from USUpdated on Monday 12th October 2020
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews.
based on 1 reviews.
Foreign citizens who want to move to Montenegro will need to comply with the visa and immigration regulations imposed by the national authorities. For this purpose, they will need to apply for the temporary or permanent residence permits in accordance with the duration of stay.
For those who want to immigrate to Montenegro from US or from EU states, similar requirements apply in terms of long residency.
Below, our lawyers in Montenegro explain the main procedures that need to be completed upon immigration from the United States. You can rely on us for guidance in applying for short and long-term residence permits as US citizens. Furthermore, we can also provide detailed information on citizenship by investment in Montenegro.
Short-term stays for US citizens in Montenegro
Montenegro offers several advantages to those who come here for short terms. These imply entering the country without the needs to apply for a visa if the duration of the stay is of maximum 30 days.
Those who come from the US, UK, Canada and several other countries do not need to apply for a travel visa if they plan to stay no more than 30 days. For all other stays, short-term or long-term residence permits need to be obtained.
If you want to immigrate to Montenegro from US and need advice on how to apply for a residence permit, our lawyers are at your service.
The main ways to immigrate to Montenegro from US
There are several options available for long-term immigration from the US to Montenegro. These are:
- employment-based immigration which requires a work visa which comes with a residence permit;
- business immigration which can be obtained by starting a company or through the Start-Up Visa Scheme;
- citizenship by investment which requires an important amount of money to be injected in the Montenegrin economy;
- by applying for short-term residency with the possibility of prolonging the stay.
Out of all options, the second and the third ones are most suitable for those aiming to relocate permanently to Montenegro.
Our law firm in Montenegro is at the service of US citizens who want to move here by starting a business or by making important investments in the economy in order to obtain citizenship by investment which comes with many benefits.
How to immigrate to Montenegro from US based on temporary residency
Temporary residence visas are available for those who immigrate to Montenegro from US for more than 90 days in a calendar year. This type of permit can be obtained by securing an employment contract or a student visa.
The temporary residence permit can have a maximum validity of one year and can be renewed as long as the same conditions the US citizens has move here on remain the same. After 5 years of living here, this type of permit can be exchanged for a permanent one.
This is one of the safest ways of immigrating to Montenegro and our lawyers are at your disposal if you want to apply for such a permit.
Business immigration to Montenegro from the USA
Foreign investors interested in immigrating to Montenegro from US can apply for a visa under the Start-Up program or directly through the Golden Visa Scheme.
Immigrating to Montenegro from US through the Start-Up Visa Scheme implies registering a company that qualifies as a startup by investing at least 10,000 euros (or the equivalent in US dollars) in an innovative business, in real estate or research and development (R&D) activities. This way, citizenship can be obtained in 10 years.
Another programs suitable for US immigrants who seek to obtain citizenship in Montenegro is the Golden Visa Scheme which implies more stringent financial requirements, however, it also comes with more investment options. Among these, we mention:
- investments in underdeveloped areas which are the most sought and which imply the purchase a minimum amount of 250,000 euros;
- investments in projects located in developed areas of the country which require a minimum amount of 450,000 euros;
- investments in agricultural projects worth at least 2 million euros, plus the creation of 10 new jobs;
- investments in the wood processing sector which require a minimum amount of 4 million euros alongside the creation of 20 jobs;
- investments in the fishing sector which requires an investment of at least 3,5 million euros, plus the creation of 20 jobs.
Apart from these, the applicant is required to deposit a government fee of 100,000 euros and a deposit guarantee of 15,000 euros.
All applications are submitted with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Montenegro.
If you want to immigrate to Montenegro from US under this scheme, we are at your service for guidance.
Please contact our Montenegro lawyers for assistance with the immigration procedures from the USA.